Saturday, June 30, 2012

My First Feng Shui Criteria Before Invest in Property

In my previous post, I mentioned that there are 4 different types of Feng Shui believer and I'm basically the "Type 3" of Feng Shui believer who makes a lot of common sense out of Feng Shui. However, regardless of you believe in Feng Shui or not, the property price will still be affected by Feng Shui. So, you still cannot completely ignore Feng Shui.

What I would like to share with you is  my first and most common Feng Shui or environmental factor that I look at before I invest in a property. Assuming I want to buy a residential property in a township, the first thing that I look at is how many different routes can enter to the township. It must have at least 2 different routes enter into your property area and the more the better. Let's see the following maps to illustrate this:


Example A: 1 route to the township

It is not good because there is only 1 way or 1 route to the township. Assuming if any thing happen that blocks the route, you have no way to go out or you have no way to go in. You basically stuck there!



Example B: 2 routes to the township

This is better than example A because there are 2 different routes to township and it is preferable at different entrance as shown. If it is a small area, one entrance is fine too. Of course, if there are more different routes and different entrances to the township, it will be better.


I'm not sure if that makes sense to you but this is the first thing how I evaluate a property before I decide to buy a property. I will usually try to avoid a property area with only one route and one entrance, and if property that has more than 2 routes entrance, I will usually give it higher weightage in my decision making.

Let me know what you think, what is your first "Feng Shui" or environmental criteria before you decide whether you want to invest in a property? What is the first thing that you look at?

6 Comments:

Kris said...

ChampDog, perhaps it is time for you to write a property investment book based on Feng Shui :D

ChampDog said...

lol, a lot out there already but think of it, those are very Feng Shui centric. Maybe for those investment centric, not that I know of any.

Mt. said...

agree ... but this is not so much on investment, more for convenience. my place has 5 routes, so are most of the 'old' properties ...

Alvin Lim said...

also important is...make sure these 2 routes are mostly problem-free. :P or if there's flood, or landslide, or accident...there MUST BE an alternative way. else, habis.

ChampDog said...

@Mike, probably not applicable to old or well developed property. For new development especially at new area, it usually starts with one route. Thus, we need to look at the future plan whether they will build more routes to the area.

@Alvin, yupe true, that is the next step to look at the environment. I will say flood is the first thing to consider. It seems pretty common in certain area.

SustainableSuzy said...

Personally I've never invested in property before, but am actually interested at this time, so thank you for the input.


Didn't find what you want? Use Google Search Engine below: