This morning I was looking an alternative ways to track my MYR stocks than my conventional excel spreadsheet and I found the “MY PORTFOLIOS” in the finance.yahoo.com. So, what you need to do is:
- Go to “finance.yahoo.com”.
- Login with your Yahoo account.
- Click “MY PORTFOLIOS” tab –> Select “Create Portfolio”.
- Choose “Track your transaction history”
- Follow the rest on the on-screen instructions to setup all you stock transactions.
Well, there are few problems I don’t like about this Stock Portfolio feature from Finance Yahoo:
- The Symbol doesn’t display the counter name (e.g. displaying GENTING instead of 3182.KL).
- There is no currency for MYR. This is really suck.
- It doesn’t show how much your earning from you sell transaction. Huh?
Let's Try KLStock.Com
So, I searched around again and I found www.klstock.com. It seems so far the best to suit my needs to replace my conventional stock tracking and monitoring with my excel spreadsheet.
[Update: Jan 17 2013] Apparently this KLStock.com website is no longer available and down. Thus, I"m removing the link.
- Register an account with “www.klstock.com”
- Go to “portfolio” tab and key-in all your stock transactions
- For selling, you need to key-in your purchase transactions first. After that, click on the “sell” in the action column to key-in your sell transaction.
Well, this website seems like a new website and I hope they will continue to make improvements to this website especially on the stock portfolio feature. One immediate enhancement I would request is to add the "commission charges” for both sell & buy transactions. Currently there is no way you can track it…
Overall, I have no complaints and you do a better job than “Finance Yahoo”. Please keep up the good work!
P/S: Feel free to suggest if you have better way to monitor or track your stock portfolio specifically for Malaysian stocks.