Sunday, March 06, 2011

How to Embed Stocks that I am Watching?

If you're looking for a way to embed the stock charts in a website or a blog, you can now can do it through wikinvest. Here is my list of stocks that I"m watching and the chart shows 1 year history trend for that particular stock:

INTEL CORPORATION



ALTERA CORPORATION


If you have a better way to embed stock chart into a website or a blog, feel free to share. So far, I find this wikinvest is the best.

[02 April 2011]: There is a bug in the Malaysian stock chart which shows only until August 2010 and I have reported to wikinvest. This is the respond that I got from them:
Hi Champdog,
I filed a report of this issue when you wrote in a few days ago, and it's been added to our developer's work queue. I don't have a formal estimate at this time, but I'll keep you posted of our progress.
Thanks for your patience!
Wikinvest.com
Investing, Simplified.

[11 April 2011]: By the way, check it out  my latest post on Stock Portfolio System to monitor or track your stocks. I find it pretty useful! :)

LOG
[03 March 2011]: Added AIRASIA BHD

[04 April 2014]: Removed CIMB Group Holdings Berhad, PBA Holdings BHD and Airasia BHD because it is no longer working. :(

P/S: Now you can spy on me because I will continue keep this post updated for the stocks that I"m watching.

[04 April 2014]: By the way, I no longer keep this post updated for my watched stock, will be remove this link from the right panel as well.

15 Comments:

Kris said...

You would not want PBA share to go up too much as that would mean that they are raising the water prices. lol :P

Maybe that your hedging strategy?

I heard that Penang water is the cheapest in Malaysia!!!

ChampDog said...

Yes, that's the cheapest in Malaysia! That's why it will go up, then I can sell. After that, Penang people will complain until PBA reduces back the water price to original. This is Win-Win!!! Wuahakakaka!!!

Back to serious, other than the reason above, I think myself as a conservative investor and I'm also new in stock trading. Therefore, I'm investing in stock such as PBA which I believe is more stable(i.e. the fluctuation is not big as compared to others). Does this actually make sense?

Kris said...

Yes. ChampDog it does make sense that you go for PBA, since it is a utility company. It is a very defensive industry.

Another potential growth story is the foreign investment into Penang hence water usage should also increased especially for the factories that has high water consumption :P

Penang had the highest FDI in Malaysia in 2010!!!

Good thing that you started to invest in stock market. Better late than never :P

ChampDog said...

Yeah, need to learn a lot from a guru like you! :D

Tiffany Bonfiglio said...

So Do I.

ChampDog said...

Huh? You mean you're using the same way I embed the stock? :)

Anonymous said...

This is great! Thanks for the tips. I will use it in my blog.

ChampDog said...

Cool! :) Let me know when you have done it. I want to see what share you buy! lol

ChampDog said...

Apparently there is a bug in wikinvest that Malaysian stock chart only shows up to August 2010. I have reported this to wikinvest.

They mentioned to me there isn't any formal estimate at this time, but will keep me posted of their progress.

Btw, I can't add Malaysian stock anymore through this wikinvest embed feature. Perhaps I should start looking for a better alternative especially for Malaysian stock! :D

Kris said...

Haha..engineers like file bug huh :P

Maybe can try tradesignum, our local chart site? I dont think they give people to embed the charts though.

ChampDog said...

Yeah, file bugs and fix bugs too! Not sure whether include create bugs or not. :) lol

Kris said...

ChampDog,

You good in coding stuff? Heheh..maybe can help them to fix the bug so we can use wikiinvest :P

ChampDog said...

I used to a software engineer and don't think they allow me to fix for them even though I know how. :D

Kris said...

Perhaps you can make your own stock chart program. I see that lately there is a mushrooming of local sites that offer charts for KLCI.

ChampDog said...

Hahaha.. I wish I know how but it shouldn't be a problem if there is an API.

Anyway, I don't think I have time for this. It has been many years I don't touch coding anymore and what I used to do is more on the back-end algorithm rather the the user interface.

If I were want to go back to this, I would rather spend my time to write applications and sell them in Apple store! :) Hehehe....


Didn't find what you want? Use Google Search Engine below: