According to a new survey of 539 workers, reports Robert Half International, a Menlo Park, California-based staffing firm, many workers are changing their commutes to avoid high petrol prices.
Below are the results of the survey:
- 46% say they’re carpooling more often
- 33% are driving more fuel-efficient vehicles
- 30% are looking for a job closer to home
- 18% now walk or cycle to work
- 18% say their employers are increasing mileage reimbursement for travel
I have been carpooling with my spouse and driving the most fuel-efficient vehicles in Malaysia. My work from my home is 15 minutes drive and I have been leaving within my means. What else I can do? One thing is I don’t think I can replace my car with a bike, do you?