Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Do you press CLEAR after filing up gas?

I received this some time ago that speculating around that you must press on the “CLEAR” button after you purchase gas by credit/debit card at the petrol pump. They said that the employee from the gas station can use your credit/debit card to purchase their own gas. How true is this?

Apparently this is a SCAM according snopes.com. You can find the long explanation of its origin. Well, I do press “CLEAR” button every time after I use the Photostat machine in my office because the second person can photocopy your content since it still remains in the memory. It looks like it doesn't apply to using credit cards at petrol station...

But anyhow, it becomes a habit that I’m still pressing “CLEAR” button every time after I use the pump with my credit cards. No harm, right?

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

My father told me about this, but I never really bother to do it. =_=

ChampDog said...

I never too but somehow now become my habit to press the button. :D Maybe I'm too "kia su" (reflect our true self).

Mt. said...

i think the clear button is programmed to 'clear' all the money you have in that card.


Didn't find what you want? Use Google Search Engine below: